We all end up spending way too much on useless beauty products in our efforts to maintain a good skincare or hair routine. But even products that claim to be 100% natural contain harsh chemicals and preservatives that sometimes do more harm than good to your skin. The best way to guarantee that your skin or hair is getting natural care is by using natural ingredients that you trust enough to eat!
Ghee has been used widely, through history, for consumption since it’s known for its health and weight loss related benefits. It also boosts the immune system and improves overall heart health. In addition to being a necessary part of a healthy lifestyle and nutritious regime, it also does miracles if added to your beauty and self-care routine. Pure cow ghee, also known as desi ghee, is a beneficial ingredient for skin and hair care. The best thing about cow ghee is that it’s suitable for different skin types, with its hydrating, anti-ageing, moisturizing and rejuvenating properties!
Why is Desi ghee useful for skincare?
Here are some of the ways that pure ghee benefits your skin:
1. Skin moisturization: Cow ghee contains fatty acids that hydrate and moisturize dry skin cells. Apply it on your face or body and wash it off after 15 minutes with cold water. Through moisturizing your face properly, cow ghee softens and nourishes your face.
2. Ghee for brighter skin and lips: To revitalize dull skin, mix ghee with milk and gram flour (besan) and apply it to your face and neck for 20 minutes. For brighter lips, massage your lips with a drop of desi ghee and leave it overnight to get rid of dark or chapped lips.
3. Healing scars: To help scars and permanent marks heal faster, it is important to keep your skin hydrated and moisturized. Applying a suitable amount of Desi ghee on old scars regularly can help it heal faster.
4. Reducing dark circles: Pure cow ghee can help reduce the appearance of dark circles around the eye. It also refreshes the area around the eyes to get rid of puffiness or any signs of fatigue. It also has a relaxing effect on the skin cells around the eyes, allowing them to rest and refresh.
5. Ghee delays the appearance of ageing signs: Desi ghee is rich with vitamins like E and K that can slow down the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Either by consuming a moderate amount of pure ghee or applying it directly for its moisturizing and hydrating effect.
6. Relieves cracked heels: Ghee can hydrate all skin types, and seal in the natural moisture of the skin. Therefore, you can use it to moisturize dry and cracked heels. It contains essential fatty acids that hydrate and renew dead skin cells to relieve your skin and leave it smooth.
7. Benefits of pure cow ghee for hair: In addition to its benefits to the skin, ghee is also very useful for hair health. It conditions rough or dry hair and leaves it completely frizz-free! To treat most hair problems, mix desi ghee with olive oil or coconut oil and apply it on your hair and leave it for a couple of hours.
MORE FROM HEALTH & WELLBEING
4 Traditional Ramadan Recipes to Try Out...
Ramadan is a very sacred Islamic month that carries so many values for Muslims around the world. When fasting, Muslims abstain from food and earthly p...
The Complete Cooking Oils Guide: Best Us...
With increased awareness in topics like healthy eating and nutrition, everyone is doing their best to find the best and most conscious food choices. C...
Difference Between Ghee and Butter
While butter adds a unique flavour to many dishes, cow ghee can also contribute to a stronger and nuttier flavour. Both ghee and butter can substitute...
The Role and Importance of Fats
Vitamins A, D, E and K, called fat-soluble vitamins, require an adequate daily fat intake to function properly. These vitamins are essential parts of ...
7 Benefits of Sunflower Oil
Sunflower oil is a cooking oil that is sourced directly from pure sunflower seeds. It is suitable for high-temperature cooking with a smoke point of a...
7 Health Benefits of Pure Cow Ghee
Ghee is an Ayurvedic miracle that is famous around the world and can be found in a variety of delicious ghee recipes.