Ingredients (Makes 6 servings)
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Coroli Corn oil
- 4 shallots
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 cup chicken broth/stock
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup pimento stuffed olive, minced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon potato starch or 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese (1 ounce) or 1/4 cup fontinella cheese, grated
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced, to garnish
- Lightly dust chicken pieces with flour. (This is easily done by putting flour in a bag, then adding the chicken, and shaking; excess flour can be shaken off).
- In a pressure cooker, heat Coroli oil.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat Coroli oil, add the chicken breasts, two at a time, and saute in the hot oil until they are brown on all sides, using long-handled tongs to turn. Set aside.
- Add shallots and garlic and saute in oil in the pressure cooker, scraping bottom of the pressure cooker, to loosen browned particles remaining from the chicken. Stir in the broth, lemon juice, sherry, salt, pepper, basil, and olives. Mix well.
- Add chicken pieces to the mix in the pressure cooker. Secure lid. Set your pressure cooker to medium-high heat until you see steam, and then reduce the pressure, and cook 10 more minutes. Release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions. Remove lid.
- Stir chicken mixture, then transfer chicken to serving platter, and cover it to retain the heat.
- In a frying pan, you will make the topping for the chicken. Whisk sour cream and potato starch together. Stir in chicken broth (chicken broth) and cook over medium heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle with cheese as desired and garnish with the lemon slices.
- Serve your chicken piccata and enjoy!
MORE FROM HEALTH & WELLBEING
7 Benefits of Sunflower Oil
Sunflower oil is a cooking oil that is sourced directly from pure sunflower seeds. It is suitable for high-temperature cooking with a smoke point of a...
- by Anonymous
7 Health Benefits of Pure Cow Ghee
Ghee is an Ayurvedic miracle that is famous around the world and can be found in a variety of delicious ghee recipes.
- by Anonymous