Chicken Shawarma Recipe
Serves: 6 People – 275 cal per chicken serving without the bread (183 g)
1. 3lb /1.5 kg skinless and boneless chicken thigh fillets
2. 1.5 large minced garlic clove or 2 small cloves
3. 1.5 tbsp ground cumin
4. 1.5 tbsp ground cardamom
5. 1.5 tbsp ground coriander
6. 1.5 tsp ground cayenne pepper or chili pepper (optional)
7. 3 tsp salt
8. 3 tbsp lemon juice
9. 3 tsp smoked paprika
10. Black pepper
11. 4.5 tbsp Coroli olive oil
Garlic Yoghurt Sauce – Tomeyya Ingredients:
1. 1.5 cups Greek yoghurt
2. 1.5 crushed clove garlic
3. 1.5 tsp cumin, salt and pepper
4. A squeeze of lemon juice
1. Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl or Ziplock bag.
2. Add the chicken and use your hands to make sure each piece is covered in marinade.
3. Let it marinate overnight or up to 24 hours.
4. Combine the Garlic Yoghurt Sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix them until consistent, then refrigerate.
5. Heat grill or large pan on medium heat and oil it if you see fit, otherwise there’s already oil in the marinade.
6. Lay chicken on the grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, then turn and cook the other side for 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Remove chicken from the grill and cover it with foil, then let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
8. Slice the chicken and then serve in a flatbread with tomato, lettuce and yoghurt sauce.
MORE FROM HEALTH & WELLBEING
7 Benefits of Sunflower Oil
Sunflower oil is a cooking oil that is sourced directly from pure sunflower seeds. It is suitable for high-temperature cooking with a smoke point of a...
- by Anonymous
7 Health Benefits of Pure Cow Ghee
Ghee is an Ayurvedic miracle that is famous around the world and can be found in a variety of delicious ghee recipes.
- by Anonymous