For an optimal experience please
rotate your device to portrait mode
Falafel’s are so easy to make, you’ll wonder why you ever bought them! Try our delicious recipe rich with super chickpeas and fresh herbs. Chickpeas are so healthy for you with crucial properties that help aid digestion, improve your skin and is rich in iron and vitamin C, which can help deal with anaemia.
Calories: 409 cal per serving
1. Pour dry chickpeas into a large bowl with cold water and let them soak overnight. The chickpeas will double in size and become 4 or 5 cups of beans.
2. Drain and rinse the beans and then pour them into the mixer along with the chopped onion, parsley, garlic, flour, salt, cumin, black pepper, ground coriander, chili pepper and cardamom.
3. Process until the mixture resembles a coarse paste that can hold together. Avoid overprocessing so it doesn’t turn into hummus and become too liquid to shape and fry.
4. Pour the mixture into a bowl and stir using a fork once it reaches the desired consistency; this will help make it evener. Remove any large chunks that the mixer missed.
5. Cover the bowl and refrigerate it for one to two hours.
6. Fill a skillet with Coroli corn oil to a depth of 1 ½ inch. Coroli Corn oil is perfect for frying since it’s produced at a high smoke point. Heat the oil slowly over medium heat. The fitting temperature to fry falafel is between 360 and 375 degrees.
7. Form falafel into round balls or small patties using wet hands or a scoop, and make them smaller or larger depending on your personal preference. The balls may be loose at first but then they’ll hold together once cooked. If the mixture doesn’t hold together, add 2-3 tbsp of flour to the mixture.
8. Fry one falafel ball as a test first, it will take 2-3 minutes per side to brown if it’s the right temperature. If it browns faster than that, let the oil cool down slightly before frying the first batch.
9. Once fried, remove the falafel using a slotted spoon and let them drain on paper towels.
10. Serve the falafel fresh and hot with a side of hummus or tahini sauce with your choice of vegetables. You can also serve them as tasty pita sandwiches.