- ¼ cup Coroli Canola Oil room temperature
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup Coroli Virgin Coconut Oil, room temperature
- 1½ cups plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 325°. Butter an 8½x4½” loaf pan; line with parchment paper, leaving a generous overhang on long sides.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat oil, ¼ cup canola oil, and 1½ cups sugar until pale and fluffy, 5–7 minutes
- Add eggs one at a time, beating to blend between additions; beat until mixture is very light and doubled in volume, 5–8 minutes. Add vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add dry ingredients in 3 additions, alternating with buttermilk in 2 additions, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and run a spatula through the centre, creating a canal.
- Sprinkle with coconut and remaining 1 Tbsp. sugar.
- Bake cake, tenting with foil if coconut browns too much before the cake is done until a tester inserted into the centre comes out clean, 70–80 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack; let the cake cool in pan 20 minutes before turning out.
MORE FROM HEALTH & WELLBEING
7 Benefits of Sunflower Oil
Sunflower oil is a cooking oil that is sourced directly from pure sunflower seeds. It is suitable for high-temperature cooking with a smoke point of a...
- by Anonymous
7 Health Benefits of Pure Cow Ghee
Ghee is an Ayurvedic miracle that is famous around the world and can be found in a variety of delicious ghee recipes.
- by Anonymous