- 1 large double-ply pita bread cut into triangles
- 3 tablespoon Coroli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 large vine-ripe tomato diced
- 2-3 Persian cucumbers quartered
- 1/2 a large green pepper chopped
- 5 radishes diced
- 2 green onions/scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon sumac substitute grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate molasses substitute balsamic glaze
- 1/2 teaspoon mint fresh or dried
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil on medium heat. Add the pita bread and season with kosher salt and freshly cracker peppers.
- Fry the pita for 5-7 minutes until the pieces are crispy and golden in colour. (Alternatively, bake the pita bread at 425F° for 5-10 minutes.) Set the fried bread aside.
- In a large bowl, add the salad dressing ingredients: olive oil, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, minced garlic, sumac, kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Whisk together until the dressing is emulsified and well blended.
- Add the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, radishes, green onions and parsley to the large bowl of dressing and toss to combine.
- Add the fried pita bread to the salad immediately before serving and gently toss again.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
MORE FROM HEALTH & WELLBEING
7 Benefits of Sunflower Oil
Sunflower oil is a cooking oil that is sourced directly from pure sunflower seeds. It is suitable for high-temperature cooking with a smoke point of a...
- by Anonymous
7 Health Benefits of Pure Cow Ghee
Ghee is an Ayurvedic miracle that is famous around the world and can be found in a variety of delicious ghee recipes.
- by Anonymous