Ghee is a clarified form of butter produced from pure cow’s milk, and it yields numerous nutritional benefits. Known also as Desi ghee, cow ghee can be used in many delicious food recipes and beauty routines. Not only does it have a nutty-tasting and aromatic smell, but it also consists of fat-soluble vitamins like vitamin A, E and K. It’s a natural superfood with Omega-3, 6 and 9 fatty acids. The latest research shows that cow ghee can also help you maintain healthy cholesterol levels and aid in weight loss!
Pure ghee, produced from cow milk, has lots of essential nutrients that can promote a healthier diet. Most health experts recommend consuming one to two teaspoons of cow ghee daily to boost energy and burn fat. Here are some of the health benefits of ghee, and how it can also help you lose weight!
Pure Cow Ghee Health Benefits
Pure Cow ghee has great health benefits that can help you live a healthier lifestyle:
- Source of Energy: One gram of cow ghee contains twice the amount of energy as one gram of protein or one gram of carbohydrates.
- High Smoke Point: When exposed to heat, cow ghee is less prone to nutrient loss because of its high smoke point of 250 degrees Celsius.
- Improves Intestinal Health: Desi ghee contains butyric acid that nourishes the cells of the intestines. Hence, ghee can be a natural and gentle remedy for constipation.
- Good for Heart Health: Ghee contains healthy fats like medium-chain triglycerides (MCT) and conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) which are proven to benefit heart health by reducing LDL cholesterol.
- Lactose-free: Ghee is a boon for those who are lactose intolerant.
- Skincare Benefits: Ghee is also a source of vital fatty acids that can revive and nurture dull skin and soften skin cells.
Pure Cow Ghee and Weight Loss
Ghee also works as a great healthy-fat alternative to processed butter. And despite popular misconceptions, cow ghee can improve your metabolism through detoxing your cells, which is very necessary if you’re trying to lose weight. Here are more reasons why Desi ghee can help you lose weight:
- Cow ghee contains omega-6 fatty acid, known as conjugated linolenic acid, and it is known for its ability to modify your body’s composition and reduce body fat levels.
- Ghee can help burn the body’s fat mass for energy.
- Essential amino acids that are found in pure cow ghee can aid in weight loss through shrinking fat cells.
- Ghee is a good source of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), a popular omega-3 fatty acid that our body does not produce. Hence, we need to consume it as part of our diet from sources like desi ghee, walnuts and flaxseeds.
How to Use Desi Ghee for Weight Loss?
It is recommended to consume 1-2 teaspoons of pure cow ghee with any of your meals to enhance the digestion process and improve absorption of nutrients. Ghee is known for its high smoke point, so it can be used for sautéing or as an alternative for coconut oil for a rich flavour when baking. You can also use a little bit of ghee in salad dressings, sauces or soups to boost your energy and burn fat all day.
Weight loss could feel like a very complicated and overwhelming process, but it should not be. You can live healthier and improve your fitness with simple changes to your diet and lifestyle. And like any other food, ghee should be consumed in moderation to complement your healthy and active lifestyle!
MORE FROM HEALTH & WELLBEING
4 Traditional Ramadan Recipes to Try Out...
Ramadan is a very sacred Islamic month that carries so many values for Muslims around the world. When fasting, Muslims abstain from food and earthly p...
The Complete Cooking Oils Guide: Best Us...
With increased awareness in topics like healthy eating and nutrition, everyone is doing their best to find the best and most conscious food choices. C...
Difference Between Ghee and Butter
While butter adds a unique flavour to many dishes, cow ghee can also contribute to a stronger and nuttier flavour. Both ghee and butter can substitute...
The Role and Importance of Fats
Vitamins A, D, E and K, called fat-soluble vitamins, require an adequate daily fat intake to function properly. These vitamins are essential parts of ...
7 Benefits of Sunflower Oil
Sunflower oil is a cooking oil that is sourced directly from pure sunflower seeds. It is suitable for high-temperature cooking with a smoke point of a...
7 Health Benefits of Pure Cow Ghee
Ghee is an Ayurvedic miracle that is famous around the world and can be found in a variety of delicious ghee recipes.