Organic extra virgin olive oil for skin
There are various types of olive oil available; these include virgin olive oil, refined olive oil and organic extra virgin olive oil. The last type is the most excellent choice since it’s not as processed or refined as the others, which means it is the purest choice and has the most satisfying taste and aroma. It is also the best to use for your skin because it contains vitamin K and E in addition to healthy fatty acids and phenolic antioxidants. So here are the potential benefits of adding it to your skincare routine:
- Rich with beneficial vitamins: Organic extra virgin olive oil is rich with fat-soluble vitamins like vitamin D, E, K and A. These vitamins all have different beneficial effects on your skin, for instance, vitamin E is typically found in skincare products, and it’s known to reduce UV damage to the skin and help strengthen skin barrier function. Also, vitamin A has healing properties for your skin in addition to preventing breakouts and promoting natural moisturization and skin hydration.
- Antioxidant effect: It also can act as an antioxidant to prevent oxidation, a process that leads to free radicals production and can cause potential cell damage. Antioxidants are believed to prevent skin-ageing and may fight cancer-causing cells after exposure to the sun.
- Moisturizing and hydrating: Many people use organic extra virgin olive oil as a natural and chemical-free skin moisturizer for their skin or hair. Using it gives you an instant feeling of softness and hydration. However, it is preferred to apply it to damp skin to prevent feeling greasy and then blotting off the excess oil.
- Antibacterial properties: Organic extra virgin olive oil is believed to control and effectively eliminate bacteria. If you use it for removing makeup and cleaning your face, you can make sure it will break down water-resistant substances and help you wipe up makeup smoothly.
How to use organic extra virgin olive oil for your face
Now that you know all the benefits that organic extra virgin olive oil can have for your skin, here are a few tips on how to use it. However, start by choosing the best quality olive oil to guarantee the best results. Make sure you opt for Coroli organic extra virgin olive oil which is produced following the highest hygiene standards and is 100% free from any harmful chemicals or pesticides.
You can find organic extra virgin olive oil in many skincare products, like soaps, face creams, lotions and facial washes. Here are a few tips for using it directly as part of your beauty regimen!
- You can use it as a moisturizer by applying it on your skin and removing any excess oil using a towel. This is especially helpful after skin exposure to the sun, to help avoid sunburn.
- Organic extra virgin olive oil makes a great component to any exfoliating mask for face or lips. You can mix it with sugar or sea salt to exfoliate your body or face. It gently treats scaly or dry skin.
- You can mix it with honey, oats, coffee or egg white to create an oil-based mask for dry skin to hydrate and soften your skin.
- Squeeze a lemon and mix it with organic extra virgin olive oil to help your skin cells regenerate and fight uneven skin pigmentation.